Pin assignment changes - CANbus and mosfets
Changes to pin assignments with WatchMon 4.3, WatchMonPlus 5.2 and WatchMonPlus 7.1.
Please note: The change is the same on all three but we are using WatchMon4 for this demonstration reasons only.
- CANbus has changed from a 4 pin to a 3 pin plug
- Mosfet outputs changed from a 4 pin to a 5 pin plug adding an Output P (positive)
CANbus has changed from a 4 pin to a 3 pin plug
This was done for a combination of reasons and
- CANbus ground was added as a number of inverters required this and hence this broadens the range of inverters possible.
- If CANbus Ground is not needed for your inverter then it should remain unused
- the 120 Ohm resister is still required and should be put between CANbus High and Low (see below example)
Mosfet outputs changed from a 4 pin to a 5 pin plug adding an Output P (positive)
We have documents for wiring fans and wiring contactors labelled either 4 pin or 5 pin explaining the changed requirements. This change makes the device more robust.